CANCER PREVENTION ACTIVITIES
Hospital Based Cancer Registry & Patterns of Care & Survival Studies in Cancer Cervix, Cancer Breast & Head & Neck Cancers
Under the National Cancer Registry Programme (HBCR-POCSS):
The broad and overall objectives of a Hospital Based Cancer Registry vis-à-vis the present HBCR-POCSS are outlined below:
1. Assess Patient Care;
2. Participate in Clinical Research to Evaluate Therapy;
3. Provide an idea of the patterns of cancer in the area;
4. Help plan hospital facilities;
5. Contribute to active follow-up of the cancer patient;
6. Describe length and quality of survival in relation to anatomical site, clinical stage and aspects of types of treatment;
7. Contribute to the Population Based Cancer Registries (PBCRs) in the given area;
8. Undertake epidemiological research through short-term case control studies;
9. Show time trends in proportion of early to late stages at the time of diagnosis;
10. Help assess quality of hospital care and cancer services in covered area.
- e-hospital project of NIC for digitalization of all hospital records & reports.
- Introduction of primary screening and Daycare treatment facility in District Headquarters Hospitals.
- Republic Day on 26th January.
- Annual Day of the centre on 24th April.
- No Tobacco Day on 31st May
- Cancer Survivors’ Day on 7th June.
- Independence Day on 15th August.
- Breast Cancer Month in October.
- World Hospice Day in Dept. of Anesthesia on 11th October & World Anesthesia Day on 16th October in Dept. of Anesthesia.
- World Cancer Awareness Day on 7th November.
- Children’s Day for Pediatric Cancer Patients 14th November.
- Annual Day of Day Care Unit 23rd January.
- World Cancer Day on 4th February.